Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2010, 13:24   #1

Boat: 1985 Islander Freeport 38C aka IF38C
What Is the Best Way to Search ?

I would love to benefit from all of your knowledge as I use this site. I figured that I would search to find what kind of sailing boots users recommend, so I search for 'sailing boot'. I get over 500 posts in my search but so far I have not found a discussion that talks about what sailing boots people recommend. What am I doing wrong?
exterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 13:50   #2
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

The best search tool at Cruisers Forum is the Google Custom Search, however I don't believe there is any search term that will deliver the answer to what the right boat for your purposes is. That "right boat" question is a matter of intense and prolonged debate that is probably impossible to answer - there are just too many variables.

I would suggest that you spend some time getting familiar with the site. Over time, you will recognize that you gravitate to either power or sail, multihull or monohull, center cockpit or rear cockpit, tiller or wheel, gas or diesel, etc. It's a virtually endless list, but as you gain familiarity with these different aspects of boats, you will form your own opinion of what speaks to you.

If you want more finely-focused information within some of those pairings above, then a Google Custom Search within, say, the pros / cons of tiller vs. wheel should return better results.

TaoJones
Old 19-09-2010, 14:05   #3

Boat: 1985 Islander Freeport 38C aka IF38C
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
The best search tool at Cruisers Forum is the Google Custom Search, however I don't believe there is any search term that will deliver the answer to what the right boat for your purposes is. That "right boat" question is a matter of intense and prolonged debate that is probably impossible to answer - there are just too many variables.

I would suggest that you spend some time getting familiar with the site. Over time, you will recognize that you gravitate to either power or sail, multihull or monohull, center cockpit or rear cockpit, tiller or wheel, gas or diesel, etc. It's a virtually endless list, but as you gain familiarity with these different aspects of boats, you will form your own opinion of what speaks to you.

If you want more finely-focused information within some of those pairings above, then a Google Custom Search within, say, the pros / cons of tiller vs. wheel should return better results.

TaoJones
Tao, thank you for the quick reply...where is the Google Custom Search button? Also, LOL, I am looking for sailing BOOTs, not a sailing boat! chuckle
exterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 14:08   #4

Try entering "sailing boot" in the Google.com search box. The double quote is important. This will bring up Cruisers Forum and other inputs.
St. Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 14:11   #5
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by exterra View Post
Tao, thank you for the quick reply...where is the Google Custom Search button? Also, LOL, I am looking for sailing BOOTs, not a sailing boat! chuckle
Heh . . . my bad - I thought that was the German spelling of boat. Sorry. See the screen shot below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-09-19 at 2.06.47 PM.png
Views:	155
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	19434  

Tags
arc