Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2012, 14:15   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
Re: Very slow - have settings been changed?

Yesterday the page loading was VERY slow, today it is just slow.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 15:58   #17

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Problems here at work too. Slow to load, back up and is a little jumpy. I'm suspecting slow loading advertisement.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 16:09   #18

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Now it has gone back to VERY slow. Maybe the server is just overloaded.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 14:06   #19

Impossibly slow. The forums page loads fine as did this one. However individual threads take minutes and not go through. Part of the problem appears to be that immediately to the left of the thread title is a small box with a red X and reload this page. It may be that the format of this box if it is a photo is incompatible with IE8.
chris_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 13:01   #20
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 65 Sailing/Fishing catamaran
Incompatibility with IE8 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_gee View Post
Impossibly slow. The forums page loads fine as did this one. However individual threads take minutes and not go through. Part of the problem appears to be that immediately to the left of the thread title is a small box with a red X and reload this page. It may be that the format of this box if it is a photo is incompatible with IE8.
I have noticed on numerous occassions over the past several years that this site is exceptional slow to load pages. I have also found a similar problem on another forum (hobby forum) that I participate in. It is so frustrating at times I just log off of them both.

There is one similarity between these two forums that I mention.....they both allow LOTS of advertising. So that was one of my thoughts about the slowness. Someone above mentioned the possiblity of the severs of those advertisers being a potential problem? I'm not well enough versed in computer science to know much.

So today I was trying to sort out some of these problems. One item I came up with was an incompatibility between an 'add-on' in Skype and IE8. It suggested that the 'add-on' could be deleted and yet leave Skype still usable, and IE8 okay.

That seems to have helped with the speed and page loading on this forum site, BUT it did not help with the other forum site I am having problems with,....I am still getting long delays between pages, and a number of 'no response' notifications between page loadings. ??

Most all of my forum sites are working extremely good, except this one and the other model forum I mentioned

I've seen some reference to "iexplore.exe" problems. Anyone know anything about this fix?