Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2016, 10:19   #1

TransAtlantic Transport

Help! I'm closing on a Lagoon 43 Powercat next week in Port Camargue, France. I'm hoping to motor it over to Palma in time to load on a SevenStar freighter for transport to Chester Pa. The freighter is due to arrive in Palma on June 8th or 9th. I originally thought that I'd make that destination easily, but now I'm worried that I won't have the necessary documentation in place--i.e. Deletion from the French registry, addition to US registry, etc. Thus is my first international boat purchase and I admit I'm lost in regards to what is the required documentation, and I'm not sure the broker who is handling this sale knows more than I do! What do I need to get this boat on this freighter? How much time in advance do I need to arrive in Palma? What happens when the boat gets to the US? I've got some answers to these questions already, but would love some third party confirmation.
Xenophon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 10:58   #2

Boat: Nordhavn 46, 46'
Re: TransAtlantic Transport

Call SevenStar. They will know what documentation they need and they will know when their boat is due to arrive at Palma. They do documentation every trip, so they will know.
Moody46CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 11:15   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody46CC View Post
Call SevenStar. They will know what documentation they need and they will know when their boat is due to arrive at Palma. They do documentation every trip, so they will know.
Thanks! I'm doing that today. What will it take to get the boat out of France?
Xenophon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 13:16   #4

Call the US Coast Guard and explain you situation and request expedited documentation. The people on the phone are nice but the system is archaic.

Yes, call Seven Star as they decide who gets loaded. I suspect they won't touch it without documentation paperwork but you never know.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote