Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2016, 09:44   #31

Re: Site gone nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exMaggieDrum View Post

Sorry for the rant. You guys fry my gizzard. I'd put an emoticon here but can't find one that matches what I am thinking right at the moment.
^^^^^^

I've always liked this one:

Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 09:53   #32

Boat: 55' sloop.

Quote:
How the heck does someone who has a boat get off expecting perfection from such a useful forum as this? If your standards are so high you will never find a boat to match them in any form or fashion, never will.

It seems to me the whining has to do with other things than just the way the forum site is architected and performs. It certainly isn't perfect. So go find that perfect site and get the perfect opinions you'll get there. And BTW - go get the perfect sail or power boat I am sure exists, in the cloud somewhere for sure.

And if you think you can do better, go start one and run it. The guys doing this certainly aren't getting rich. BTW - I have no connection to the site other than as a user.

Sorry for the rant. You guys fry my gizzard. I'd put an emoticon here but can't find one that matches what I am thinking right at the moment.
I'd rather appreciate you removing the plural from that. I have no issues with the configuration of the site, and quite like its pared down feel. The complaint is that it has become extremely hard to view or post anything, without having to circumvent an interstitial page that doesn't even do what it is supposed to: it doesn't prevent access, or allow access, based on the identifying captcha system it supposedly uses. That just doesn't work, for me at least. So I am faced with trying sometimes dozens of times to get around it until I can. Then the site works fine for a few minutes, then back to the "Cloudflare" interstitial and the game begins again. This is extremely annoying and has only begun happening in the past couple of days. The reason for discussing it is so that the admins can realise that this feature is not actually functioning properly and is just preventing ordinary use of the site for some of us. Why would you have a problem with that? Allow me to suggest a burns ward for your gizzard.
‘Structural engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyse as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess in such a way that the public at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.’
Muckle Flugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 10:53   #33

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle Flugga View Post
I'd rather appreciate you removing the plural from that. I have no issues with the configuration of the site, and quite like its pared down feel. The complaint is that it has become extremely hard to view or post anything, without having to circumvent an interstitial page that doesn't even do what it is supposed to: it doesn't prevent access, or allow access, based on the identifying captcha system it supposedly uses. That just doesn't work, for me at least. So I am faced with trying sometimes dozens of times to get around it until I can. Then the site works fine for a few minutes, then back to the "Cloudflare" interstitial and the game begins again. This is extremely annoying and has only begun happening in the past couple of days. The reason for discussing it is so that the admins can realise that this feature is not actually functioning properly and is just preventing ordinary use of the site for some of us. Why would you have a problem with that? Allow me to suggest a burns ward for your gizzard.
Actually, my rant wasn't directed to the actual complaints about specific problems like you have. I have made some complaints to the mods a couple of times about specifics, including the login issue. I suspect many of the issues are either device specific or browser specific but that is a hard one to figure out sometimes.

If it becomes so hard to post and/or read that it is too much trouble than more and more people will leave for greener pastures. I may be one of the lucky ones in that I have had only a few issues with posting, e.g. when I spend a little too much time putting together a post and it gets deleted with no draft save. I have been truly PO'd about that.

But not to the extent to flame the forum overall. May be for you that's the case. I personally appreciate what I get out of the forum far more than I hate the technical glitches that pop up at times. I have made, and will continue to make, known serious problems with the system. If I could no longer login that would be a done deal.

I don't have as much patience for some posts though. I love my boat but at times I want to sink her in her slip or out in the ocean. It ain't a perfect world. Of course Apple sets the bar for perfection as we all know who have had their devices/software.

So, Muckle Flugga, you weren't included in "guys" plural in my post. Apologies if you misconstrued it that way.
exMaggieDrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 10:55   #34

Quote:
Actually, my rant wasn't directed to the actual complaints about specific problems like you have. I have made some complaints to the mods a couple of times about specifics, including the login issue. I suspect many of the issues are either device specific or browser specific but that is a hard one to figure out sometimes.

If it becomes so hard to post and/or read that it is too much trouble than more and more people will leave for greener pastures. I may be one of the lucky ones in that I have had only a few issues with posting, e.g. when I spend a little too much time putting together a post and it gets deleted with no draft save. I have been truly PO'd about that.

But not to the extent to flame the forum overall. May be for you that's the case. I personally appreciate what I get out of the forum far more than I hate the technical glitches that pop up at times. I have made, and will continue to make, known serious problems with the system. If I could no longer login that would be a done deal.

I don't have as much patience for some posts though. I love my boat but at times I want to sink her in her slip or out in the ocean. It ain't a perfect world. Of course Apple sets the bar for perfection as we all know who have had their devices/software.

So, Muckle Flugga, you weren't included in "guys" plural in my post. Apologies if you misconstrued it that way.
‘Structural engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyse as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess in such a way that the public at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.’
Old 25-01-2016, 15:17   #35

Boat: Catalina 470

Hi, im back in Indonesia. Can't access forum through Android app. I use my phone , have gone to web version and yes have the catcha thing happen. Not complaining but when things get difficult I just stop using, lazy? Proberly. In my business ive trained the staff to make everything as easy as possible for the customer. I looked at sailnet yesterday because it was easier.
Just some feedback.
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 09:10   #36

Boat: Nordic Tug 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMoon View Post
I found that if I check "remember me" when I log in, I stay logged in. If not, not. Weird.

BTW, the exact same thing started happening at the same time on the Trawler Forum. Same workaround.
As of this morning, both CF and TF sites no longer require me to check "remember me" to stay logged in. Thanks!
NewMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 19:07   #37

I too have found that the site has stabiised and am no longer getting "Cloudflare" interstitials, thanks!
Old 27-01-2016, 19:09   #38

Working good in Hong Kong!