Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2006, 01:42   #1
cruiser

Boat: Whiting 29' extended "Nightcap"
Revamping topics

As we now have a new website helmsman, what do others think of asking him to look at our topics? A few of them have very few/recent posts yet we are essentially a sailing site and don't have a specific forum for "rig & sails". These sort of things tend to get scattered between monohulls, general sailing and maintenance which makes continuity suffer a bit. How about a topic where people like me who have passed from the wannabe to the newbie stage, where the distinguished old salts can be assured that the questions asked will often be very simplistic. The experienced guys out there are 110% great with the advice and are very patient yet I sometimes feel a little paranoid about asking some dumbass question on the general threads, especially with all the new guys joining up now who might think I'm some sort of Sinbad.
Wow, that went off on a bit of a tangent, didn't set out to advance my own agenda but it happened anyway.
My thoughts:- we could compress some of the topics and add some more relevant ones without reducing to some of the three topic forums around, where it is a real pain to find what you want.
NoTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 18:24   #2
Kai Nui

I, and I think a number of others on this site do this on a regular basis. We go back to threads that we do not want to go away, and add a post to revive them. This being said, I think a more formal way of doing this might me beneficial. Maybe once a week, the admin could choose a thread from the past and bring it back to life. "Thread of the week" of something like that.