Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 06:34   #1
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
Posts Not Being Marked Read - Probably Not a Problem w/CF . . .

This is probably not a problem with CF, but I thought I'd post it in case someone else has the same problem, or someone may know what the issue is.

2 machines involved:
AMD quad, 6gb, Win 7 64bit Home Premium
P4 1gb, Win XP Pro

Firefox 3.6.10 running on both.
On Win 7:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100904 Firefox/3.6.10
On XP:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100904 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

On the Win7 machine, the posts are not being updated as read when I refresh. Then I go back a level, and the anchor shield does not gray out after refresh.

On the XP machine all works as it should.

I went into a thread on the XP machine, then refreshed the screen. The thread shows read. Then to the Win7 machine and refreshed the screen and the thread show read over there as well. But, this was in the "Forum News & Annoucments" forum, not where I had tested earlier. I have seen in the past were the cookie/serverside tracking worked different in different forums (not here, but in a start-up forum also using vBulletin), so I'm not sure that part proves anything.

This started several days ago. Sorry, I don't remember exactly what updates I installed. But somewhere in there, I installed updates to Firefox on both machines, and installed some Win7 updates (but I think the Win7 updates came after I first noticed this).

So, I think this has to do with my machines somehow, but as I said, thought I'd post it in here anyway.

Basically, there's just too many variables in this to easily pin it down. I'll post at Mozilla next.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:43   #2
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Could be a cookie problem.
You could try deleting the cookie and letting it set a new one.

Also sometimes people have cookies set to Block (which is what I have) but they forget to Always Allow some sites where they need the cookies... like thhis one

Hope this helps

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:53   #3
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
It's been working for months, and no changes made to the cookie settings.

But since I did apply Win updates a few days ago, and re-booted - I decided to re-boot again. That seems to have fixed it.

So, nevermind...

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote