Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2019, 21:07   #1

Isotherm Asu water-cooled unit issue

I have an isotherm Asu 4701 unit that came with a boat that is new to me. The unit was run with the water intake closed for a period. I charged the coolant and The system will run and cools well but I can not get the pump and the compressor to run at the same time. If I turn on the unit the compressor runs, but the pump does not and eventually the system shuts down giving an error showing the pump is not functioning. As it should. If I run a separate 12v power supply to the pump and bypass the system the pump runs fine and the unit cools like a champ. The issue with this is the pump runs full blast, all the time, and is very loud. Not a permanent solution.

I have bypassed the asu unit and put a jumper on the black power box to bypass the thermostat, put the 12v power connections directly on the black box as well and the compressor runs, but with the water pump connections directly to the black box the pump still does not run.

I swapped out the voltage reducer and am getting the same result. I get 12v from my electrical system &12v coming out of the power connections on the black box. So I think I am good there. When I put 12v into the voltage reducer I get about 7 amps on the positive terminal coming out, #5, and nothing on #6, the ground. There appears to be no return path. The voltage reducer is molded shut so I can't take a look at what's inside, and obviously there are no specs available.

Looking for some input.

Thanks.
Jericks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 06:19   #2

Re: Isotherm Asu water-cooled unit issue

Sorry, I get 7 volts, out of the voltage reducer. Not amps, long day
Jericks3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
isotherm, water