Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 20:50   #1

Boat: Tayana 37
Send a message via Yahoo to ughmo2000
Intresting e-mail or WTH?

I recieved an intresting e-mail this evening.

Apparently from a board administrator in regard to my bumping a crew available post. Without mentioning any names it read;

"Great qualifications but lay off the bumps. We don't like it when you do that. We can be nasty about it but we would rather just ask you nice. Most boat people take nice better."

Thank you, I do take nice better. I don't care much for the "We can be nasty about it..." statement. (What exactly is that supposed to mean anyway? Should I put my carry permit back in my wallet or what?)

If I've upset or offended anyone here with my posts it wasn't my intent and I would most certainly welcome any explanation as to why that may have been the case.

Cliff
ughmo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 20:56   #2

Don't know if this thread will get deleted, but...

I've only had a single post on this board get deleted, and I still disagree with the reasons. That being said, it's their turf, and they can set the rules. I'm not saying that you should just deal with it and smile, but in any community (online or otherwise), there are some rules, and every now and then those rules cross your path and you don't like them.

I figure out of the hundreds of posts I've made, and the tons of valuable information I've gotten out of this board, the great stuff more than overshadows the lame stuff (like my deleted post).

I dunno. We're probably not supposed to like rules, but you need them to keep things organized. The part about getting nasty is a little saber-rattling though.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 21:20   #3

Not a matter of not liking a rule. Not that at all.

As a matter of fact I'm highly domesticated. I can deal with rules. I've been living in society for years now.

JHey just let me know which rule I broke to warrent such mail. If nothing else so I'll know better here or any other boards I might frequent. Matter of fact I'd appreciate it! Not asking too much I think.

It's true it's "their" playground but it's pretty lame that outta the blue someone, I don't know who, starts talkin smack. "We can be nasty about it..." I mean come on? What's that? How bout a "Hey Cliff, if you don't mind..." That's all need be said. No worries!

Again, I humbly invite anyone to speak up if I've offended or upset them and why this would be.

Cliff
Old 11-11-2007, 21:28   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Sorry, we have had no discussion on this, so I don't know who the PM'er would have been.
I understand your upset, But instead of replying here in Public, it would have been perhaps better to have replied to the original sender. It is highly possible it was a poor attempt at Humour. That can be due to language, culture or the fact you can not get "tone of voice" via email. I am sure the sender would have replied with an apology. we are not at all nasty here. We are all just regular joe's like anyone elese here, with a passion for boats.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 21:40   #5

Cliff don't get nasty with me!!

I kid, I kid...
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 22:13   #6
Captain

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
Cliff,

When possible we wait for a sharks frenzy and then require people who bump threads to walk the plank. It gets really nasty sometimes...

I don't think the intent of the email was to be threatening. We will talk it over as a team and make an effort to communicate more clearly in the future.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 23:04   #7

Well Hell! Since you put it that way...

There's no doubt the vast majority here are great folks. Never thought otherwise or had reason to.

Ya know I'm a pretty humble guy. Don't think I've done anything that thousands of others haven't already done. (Statute of Limitations has run out anyway, whatcha gonna do?) I've even a couple folks gullible enough to call me a friend. It just pissed me off! Sounds like someone who'd sneak around at midnight 'n piss in your gas tank.

True, all it would have taken was a simple message. From both sides, mine as well. I did try and reply directly. I would perfer to have kept it private. It was kicked back as undeliverable.

Now, tell ya what. I don't know bout you guys but my throat's dry. Even I'm tired of my cryin and moan'in!

Come on, I'll buy the first buckets!

(and thanks guys!)