Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum Tech Support & Site Help
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2016, 06:52   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

How to post a Youtube Video (with Viewer) using Youtube APP

Howdy!

i keep having a frustrating problem posting videos from Youtube into CF posts. When I copy the link from Youtube, I am viewing the video using the Youtube official iPad APP.

What I do is I simply touch (on my iPad) the "share" symbol on the Youtube App video viewer. It looks like an arrow. Then I select "copy link" from the drop down menu. Then I paste that link into my text I am writing on CF for my post.

But, then, when I post my comments or text with that link, the LINK shows, but no youtube video viewer is embedded.

I would prefer to see the Youtube video viewer embedded into the post so people do not have to leave CF to view the videos.

What am I doing wrong? ???

Please make your suggestions to fit the fact that I am using:
1. iPad
2. Youtube official APP on the iPad.

Also, I did paste that copied link directly into the text I was writing. Then I also used the "LINK" icon (looks like a globe with a link on it) shown in the CF text editor to insert the link too. In both cases, the link is pasted into my text, but the video viewer window is not. ???
_________

Here is a request I posted earlier today in a thread:

Unfortunately I cannot understand why when I copy a Youtube link using my ipad, that it does not embed here on CF with a viewer here, and only posts the link. ???? IF anyone knows what I am missing or doing wrong or can suggest how to copy the link from Youtube, while viewing using the Youtube app on an ipad, such that it DOES embed the viewer here on CF, please let me know (a PM is OK). NOTE: I am using the Youtube APP and I simply click or touch on the "share/link" button on the app to copy the URL to the video. But, when I paste that into my post here on CF, only the link shows.
Old 30-11-2016, 09:04   #2

Boat: Colombia Cc 11.8
Re: How to post a Youtube Video (with Viewer) using Youtube APP

I'm using an Android but I don't think it was any different with my iPhone and I don't know if it's the same as an iPad. Click on the curved Arrow then click on copy to clipboard then on your post write whatever you want and then hold your finger down after. Like I'm doing now.https://youtu.be/5NPbYPtr6EA
Don't click on that link unless you want to hear about the Dakota pipeline
sparrowhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 14:10   #3

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Maybe CF is limiting the amount of space you're trying to post. Video's take up a lot of room.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:37   #4

Boat: Bavaria, Cruiser 33'
Send a message via Skype™ to dgmultimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadman Uhlich View Post
Howdy!

i keep having a frustrating problem posting videos from Youtube into CF posts. When I copy the link from Youtube, I am viewing the video using the Youtube official iPad APP.

I would prefer to see the Youtube video viewer embedded into the post so people do not have to leave CF to view the videos.

What am I doing wrong? ???

The best you can do is to use the "URL" link - the "world with a link" CF will not embed external video within a post...
Old 12-08-2019, 15:17   #5

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmultimedia View Post
https://youtu.be/aBdvwlRLy-o

The best you can do is to use the "URL" link - the "world with a link" CF will not embed external video within a post...
not quite accurate. We do render your tube links in posts BUT they need to be direct links with no affiliate IDs or other alterations to the urls.

Example:

Community Rules | Advertise on Cruisers Forum
Contribute to Cruisers Wiki | Document your Adventures at Sail Blogs
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote