Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 16-07-2010, 14:58   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
I like FaceBook. It's what it is, social networking. You decide what and how much to share. Be angry that corporations stalk you on FB, or at yourself for posting something perceived as*incrimidating. Don't be angry with FB. ;-)*

I find it's a great way to stay involved with family, friends, and aquantences. We can share photos and snipets of ourselves and our lives.

It's a huge way for those in the military and deployed as a way of keeping in contact with loved ones. It allows me to stay in contact with the many people I've met while traveling that may live in differant countries and across oceans. Old friends, new friends, and people I'd hope to meet some day. There are many yacht clubs, sailing groups, and destination that maintain pages on FB also. *

It's not all dark & scary *

Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 17:13   #17
Senior Cruiser

Boat: C&C 34
Originally Posted by SearenitySail View Post
That might be a big assumption. While I know every time we use a "shoppers club" card (or even by posting here) we give up a certain amount of privacy and enable "big brother" (or anyone else) to learn a little more about our lives.

I hope that most people do still cherish a certain amount of privacy and don't choose to engage in a bit of digital exhibitionism. I know I choose not to, and will remain FACE-less.

Well said, I could not agree more... I will join you in the FACE-less club.

Opie91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: