Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:14   #1

Commercial Post

Hi,
I'am new here and would like to do a Commercial Post. Where do I go to start?
Greg1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:34   #2
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Hello, Greg,

We have a number of members here who have commercial interests, but CF is primarily a non-commercial place, and we try hard to keep it free of "advertisements". I've excerpted the sections of our Community Rules that pertain to members with commercial interests, and have included a description of our Commercial Vendor program, as well.

The bottom line is, you may not make purely commercial posts here. You're welcome to participate just like any other member. If you have questions about our policies, don't hesitate to PM me or any other moderator.

Hud

Quote:
Many participants have commercial interests associated with the forum topic and bring valuable information and expertise to share. With a few specific exceptions (see registered vendor section), participants may not use the Forum for commercial gain.
  • Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a vendor account has been established and then only in areas here where advertising is expressly permitted. Exception to this may be found in Signature standards (see below).
  • Participants may not use the main Forums to direct others to the advertising Forums.
  • Participants may not send out SPAM via our Private Message system.
Quote:
Signature Standards:
Signatures must be setup in your profile rather than manually added to your messages. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
  • Signatures must be kept to a maximum of three lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than two links (non-commercial).
  • Signature may not include email addresses, links to competing websites, prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
  • Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded.
  • Registered commercial vendors may have up to 3 signature lines and two links. Only one link may be to a site in which they have a commercial interest.
Classifieds posting rules:
Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
  • Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds.
  • Do not place ads directing others to an e-bay or other online sale or directing others to another website.
  • Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
Commercial Parties (For-profit companies and Industry professionals):
The forum does not discourage nor endorse any commercial entity and is not intended for soliciting business (authorized commercial parties must keep any post that hints at advertising strictly to the vendors forums). Our purpose is sharing knowledge so others can benefit. Cruisers Forum may, at it's discretion, grant vendor account status to industry professionals who are already members in good standing. Authorized commercial participants must adhere to all the forum policies including these specifically set out for commercial participants.
  • Members who have a commercial interest in participating in our community will be identified as commercial vendors at our discretion. We enforce a very strict policy regarding solicitation of our membership by commercial participants.
  • Commercial vendors may not quote prices in any forum except the Vendors Forum.
  • Commercial vendors may not use any section of the forum except the Vendors Forum to discuss their products or services unless answering a direct question and even in this case vendors may not quote prices (unless in Vendors Forums).
  • Commercial vendors may not use the main Forums to direct others to the Vendors Forums.
  • Commercial vendors may place a (1) link to their company website in their signature line (font size 2).
The Commercial Vendor tag is a status to be earned, and is not awarded to every member with commercial interests who signs up with the Forum.

Cruisers Forum allows community members that have shown a willingness to help by giving expert advice a chance to discretely promote their business interests. CF has specific Rules which apply to members with commercial interests. When granting Commercial Vendor status, we look for active posters who have contributed valuable content to our community without overtly promoting their business interests. Once the member has established himself as a valuable asset to the community as a whole, the moderation team will discuss the merits of the granting a Commercial Vendor tag. We do not do this for every vendor that wishes it, as we feel it is a benefit awarded to a member for his time and energy spent helping our members.

If you are interested in becoming a Commercial Vendor, you should first participate in the forums, giving expert advice, but also participating in other areas as well. Ask questions, answer questions. An insiders view into the industry is appreciated, but participation should not be solely limited to this. Once you have established a history, the moderation team can then decide on whether to approve you for Vendor status.
Old 01-08-2010, 22:34   #3

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrertr View Post
We provide service to existing business customers in metropolitan Richmond, and also with a team of local construction companies and the city to make the new structure of the lustre of its new owners so I have many interest in commercial and it is get the best advice for commerce.
So how does this pertain to Cruising/Boating?....just asking

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:55   #4
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

He was a spammer--spam links in the signature line. Andy R deleted his post and banned him.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:25   #5

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Touche

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 00:32   #6

OK Jemima.Harris looks lile a spam merchant - all her links are an outdoor dating sites under a generic reply.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post496665
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:43   #7
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Right you are, mintyspilot. Jemima is what we call a Signature Spammer--commercial link in the sig line. Jemima is now toast.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:46   #8
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
Jemima is now toast.
Damn.

I was hoping for some Bikini shots
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:01   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Damn.

I was hoping for some Bikini shots

The spammers are always happy to oblige. Here is some fresh spam of a girl in a very short dress. You can enter your credit card details at the bottom .....

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post497257
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:42   #10
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Sorry, folks. That one's been canned and banned.

BTW, I don't recommend clicking on the links in a post that's obviously spam. You never know what's going to come up, and your anti-virus software just might not be completely up to date.