We have a number of members here who have commercial
interests, but CF is primarily a non-commercial place, and we try hard to keep it free of "advertisements". I've excerpted the sections of our Community Rules
that pertain to members with commercial interests, and have included a description of our Commercial Vendor program, as well.
The bottom line is, you may not make purely commercial posts here. You're welcome to participate just like any other member
. If you have questions about our policies, don't hesitate to PM me or any other moderator.
Many participants have commercial interests associated with the forum topic and bring valuable information and expertise to share. With a few specific exceptions (see registered vendor section), participants may not use the Forum for commercial gain.
- Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a vendor account has been established and then only in areas here where advertising is expressly permitted. Exception to this may be found in Signature standards (see below).
- Participants may not use the main Forums to direct others to the advertising Forums.
- Participants may not send out SPAM via our Private Message system.
Signatures must be setup in your profile rather than manually added to your messages. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
Classifieds posting rules:
- Signatures must be kept to a maximum of three lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than two links (non-commercial).
- Signature may not include email addresses, links to competing websites, prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
- Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded.
- Registered commercial vendors may have up to 3 signature lines and two links. Only one link may be to a site in which they have a commercial interest.
Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
Commercial Parties (For-profit companies and Industry professionals):
- Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds.
- Do not place ads directing others to an e-bay or other online sale or directing others to another website.
- Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
The forum does not discourage nor endorse any commercial entity and is not intended for soliciting business (authorized commercial parties must keep any post that hints at advertising strictly to the vendors forums). Our purpose is sharing knowledge so others can benefit. Cruisers Forum may, at it's discretion, grant vendor account status to industry professionals who are already members in good standing. Authorized commercial participants must adhere to all the forum policies including these specifically set out for commercial participants.
- Members who have a commercial interest in participating in our community will be identified as commercial vendors at our discretion. We enforce a very strict policy regarding solicitation of our membership by commercial participants.
- Commercial vendors may not quote prices in any forum except the Vendors Forum.
- Commercial vendors may not use any section of the forum except the Vendors Forum to discuss their products or services unless answering a direct question and even in this case vendors may not quote prices (unless in Vendors Forums).
- Commercial vendors may not use the main Forums to direct others to the Vendors Forums.
- Commercial vendors may place a (1) link to their company website in their signature line (font size 2).
The Commercial Vendor tag is a status to be earned, and is not awarded to every member
with commercial interests who signs up with the Forum.
Cruisers Forum allows community members that have shown a willingness to help by giving expert advice a chance to discretely promote their business interests. CF has specific Rules which apply to members with commercial interests. When granting Commercial Vendor status, we look for active posters who have contributed valuable content to our community without overtly promoting their business interests. Once the member has established himself as a valuable asset to the community as a whole, the moderation team will discuss the merits of the granting a Commercial Vendor tag. We do not do this for every vendor that wishes it, as we feel it is a benefit awarded to a member for his time and energy spent helping our members.
If you are interested in becoming a Commercial Vendor, you should first participate in the forums, giving expert advice, but also participating in other areas as well. Ask questions, answer questions. An insiders view into the industry is appreciated, but participation should not be solely limited to this. Once you have established a history
, the moderation team can then decide on whether to approve you for Vendor status.