Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-06-2016, 23:54   #1

Boat: Clipper Marine 21
Just went sailing this evening!!! ....Hayden Island Oregon

I just love taking this little sailboat on the Columbia River each evening. Today was beautiful picture postcard blue sky white fluffy high cloud June evening with Mt Hood in the background of a an early full moon. Fantastic ...I sailed with just the Main. Its easy if you are not in no hurry to get anywhere. The wind as about 10 -15 knots from the SW at the time I set out of the Hayden Island Marina. The current is swift here and getting in an out of the dock is a bit of a challenge sometimes. The Johnson 8hp is reliable and does a good job. This is a really nice compact little space to learn the art/science of sailing. The wind shifts often and when at times the buildings and the I-5 Bridge create wind shadows or low pressure areas on the water you got to figure out. Hayden Island is about 7 miles East West and sits in the Middle of the Columbia River in between Oregon and Washington States and is about 8 miles North or Potland. : This is proberbly the best spot for 4th of July and then on to Oregon Country Fair in Veneta and then maybe to Burning Man to tap it off....O WC G
sandrefernando is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oregon, sail, sailing