Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2015, 21:47   #1

Boat: cheoy lee 35 (perry)
Going West Cya

Puakai and I are done here in south florida. Time to weigh anchor and sail into the sunset.

All the works done on Puakai and she is ready and itchin to make sail. Puakai is cutter rigged now, she has a new betamarine 38, new through-hulls, new AGM batteries(bank of 8) 4 Kyocera 135 watts solar panels, new Kohler genset, schaefer marine motorized boom furler with a new set of Mack Sails, new shrouds, stays, terminals, chain plates, turnbuckles, winches serviced, complete bottom job, and a new Sailor FB500. Bills all paid in full, cash in the sailing kitty in excellent shape!

Gracias a mis amigos cubanos en Isla Prohibida... lmfao!

Leaving wednesday for Isla Mujeres to begin my west to east circumnavigation. I have already completed an east to west, so Imma going thattaway ,<------ this time.

Isla Mujeres-Cozumel-Belize City-Utila-Cayo Cochino-Puerto Castilla-Then it will be hugging the coast to the Coco River-Santa Catalina-San Andres-then the big jump to Colon and through the canal. A few day at Isla Flamenco-Taboga-Bona-Iguana(freakin awesome beach there), then the crossing to Galapagos-Hiva'Oa-then island hop my way to Polynesia-Cook Island-Niue-Tonga-Fiji-Vanuatu-San Cristobal. From here I havent decided which way to go. I have sailed between Australia and New Guinea before, and I may decide to go the northern route picking my way along the islands. Regardless, I will end up running along the coast of Sumatra then make the jump to Sri Lanka, then its the Maldives. From the Maldives, I want to go through the Suez and pop out in the Med out Gilbralter-Canaries-Cape Verde- back into the caribbean. Will have to see if thats doable when I get there.

I have a 5 year plan to make the trip, and it starts in 2 days and change. Its been fun to hang out on y'alls forum. Now I am off to find the island of women. Got my new worldwide internet installed, I'll keep in touch.....maybe

I think Bernard Moitessier said it the best, "I am a citizen of the most beautiful nation on earth. A nation whose laws are harsh yet simple, a nation that never cheats, which is immense and without borders, where life is lived in the present. In this limitless nation, this nation of wind, light, and peace, there is no other ruler besides the sea."
Old 08-02-2015, 21:58   #2

Boat: O'Day 302
Re: Going West Cya

Godspeed

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
the_alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 22:35   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShoes View Post

Leaving wednesday for Isla Mujeres to begin my west to east circumnavigation. I have already completed an east to west, so Imma going thattaway ,<------ this time.
I have a 5 year plan to make the trip, and it starts in 2 days and change. Its been fun to hang out on y'alls forum. Now I am off to find the island of women. Got my new worldwide internet installed, I'll keep in touch.....maybe
Bon Voyage!
Have a wonderful trip.

Your compass may need a little readjustment though .

SWL

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 22:43   #4

Fair winds! And keeps us posted on your adventure.

BTW, do you have a separate blog somewhere?
Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:25   #5

Boat: cheoy lee 35 (perry)

Oh my, what a spectacular morning. Its a bit chilly, @ 60 degrees, have a 12knot wind from the nne and seas 1 to 2 feet. Passing Tank Island on my starboard, heading into the channel. Will try to update when I get to Isla Mujeres. WOW what a glorious morning to set sail! Its couldnt be any better!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2015, 05:51   #6

Boat: Oyster 53

See you in the South Pacific.

Dhillen